16 April 2007

Virtual Reality

I don’t understand why people like Mr. Bungle have to disrupt gaming and virtual environments such as these. I think the reaction of the fellow gamers was typical and probably long over due. There are always going to be people like Mr. Bungle and there isn’t really a way to get rid of them. Even if there is some kind of punishment or repercussions for these individuals, the damage is already done and the individual like Mr. Bungle can just reinvent himself to cause further mayhem or make more victims. Although what he did was very serious I just can’t help but be amused in the way he was handled. I mean fist they had a virtual debate inside the MUD where he plopped in and was confronted. His sentence was to be “toaded” which had to be handled by wizards. I remember there was RPG game on a game console where a member of some kind of clan died in RL. The clan held a ceremony for him where there was this big line where they paid their respects at a river. Well there was this rival clan who crashed the ceremony and killed all the others paying there respect. It caused a whole bunch of fuss. But I can’t help but think it was bound to happen and I found it interesting.

No comments: