30 April 2007

Brain Interpretation

I find it amazing in how far technology has moved along, and how quickly. From the reading of the past, in the class, we started off with ones and zeros and the telegraph. Now it just blows my mind trying to comprehend how these doctors and medical technological technicians have made devices to interpret hearing with the brain. I mean it takes very very serious knowledge to be able to create a device to give a deaf man his hearing back. I cant begin to understand the complications it would take to create such a device. I mean this is a really life changing invention. Sure the interenet and everything else has made life easier but, when you think about how a deaf person becomes totally depressed and feels so lonely with no hearing, it really brings this invention a level up on others. Its not only helping make life easier, but also tolerable and its bringing happiness into many peoples lives who thought it was impossible to get hearing back.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/860000/images/_864815_cochlear_implant_inf300.gif

It blows my mind that this is acctually a real thing. Now a days we also have the lasik eye surgery to where they make someone who has bad eyes sight, much renewed. My parents and grand parents have had it.

http://www.eyeclinicpc.com/lasik/lasik%20steps1.jpg

Now someone with bad eye sight and bad hearing can be renewed. This is such an amazing feat in the medical technological field. What will they come up with next? What kind of medical technologies do you think will be here in the near future? Do you think that the prices for these operations will get cheaper?

From the book rebuilt, all in all, I learned that we need to be appreciative for our blessings and just everyday things we take for granted. We should love every day and realize we are lucky because we can hear, see, think, and learn so easily in such a great enviroment!

1 comment:

Jeremy M. said...

Nice posts Forrest, it got me to think about how technology has really become an integral part of our society today. You really coukdn't adequately describe any major world power without metioning how technologically advanced it was. Technology has value in that it is a pth to power and a way to maintain it. So regarding your post, I can't wait to have lasik done. I have to wait until my eyes quit weakening but the day that happens I'm signing up. Think about the tools needed to run the laser, the computin and processing necessary to control such a necessarily sensitive and precise device. Since taking this class I've been asking those types pf questions more. Have a good break everyone