02 April 2007

Art in Technology

I admit that I didn't like this reading too much, too mind numbing. But I have to say that it did make me remember and think about my modern art class. I mean, what is all creation if it is not some form of art? And, what is technology and new medias if not new creations and inventions? New frontiers are constantly being explored in art and technology, computers, performance art, brain scanners, and even Duchamp's toilet art submission. It's funny how everything seems so connected once you take a step back to look at it.
Especially with the talk of how all this new technology is fundamentally based off all the old ones. It’s like the background of a mural, you first have to invent/paint the foundation and you build off there. From there we just keep on combining what we already have, keep on layering, and each time we get new images and new technology. I believe the basics will always be the same, no matter how complicated the instruments get. I mean, all we’re trying to do is accomplish new ways of communication and entertainment. This could all be done, though it takes longer, much more simply. But we want it fast, easy and affordable, and we’re always moving, changing, destroying, and creating…I could expect no more than constant change, it is who we are…always trying to make life “easier”.

No comments: