11 April 2007

lambdaMOO

I read the article assigned in class regarding MOOs...still, I was completely lost the whole time in class today. Things went way too fast for me, I spent most of my time in the MOO scrolling up to read stuff. It was pretty frustrating.

Redemption: Being totally frustrated with the experience thus far I decided to just "explore". I started in the kitchen, wound up in the woods, walked around for a bit and found an old creepy barn. Curious I decided to check out the barn and went in to explore. Talk about creepy, I felt like I was in The Blaire Witch Project. I was walking around and made my way outside into the garden behind the barn. As soon as I was outside the door I just walked though eerily creaked shut. Creepy!

Freaked out I teleported to the pool. The pool was described as murky...hmmm....maybe I should jump in and take a swim? So I did and low and behold I find an underwater cave...interesting...and creepier still. The cave lead to another underwater pool, filled with more creepy stuff. For example: trolls suspiciously eyeing my every move. Oh look another cave and more trolls , and oh yeah a vampire bat DWTF!?! A vampire bat?

Then the class was over and it was time to go. I liked the MOO. Specifically I enjoyed my time exploring. It was like reading a comic book, a choose your own adventure comic book. All in all a very unique and interesting experience, one I'll have to try my hand at again.

1 comment:

Forrest L said...

Nice sounds like you had a fun experience. I wish I could have gone and swam with the trolls and bats. I just chilled in the smoking room trying to use a pipe from the pipe rack for the whole class. Then I realized after an hour of different commands to pick up the pipe, that you cant get one. So I just drank a Martini with James who went and got it for me.