09 April 2007

Story Board

I just wanted to post on how much I enjoyed making the story board. I feel like it really brought out my creative side. I got to draw about 10 pictures and then kind of hypothesis about what was going to go on in the video. This video project hopefully will help everyone learn a little more about the wonderful time we live in. 5 Years ago we would not have been able to have the tools and resources to be able to edit and tape so easily and transfer with such high quality and ease. It is amazing to ponder upon our day in age. I like to practice gratitude in my everyday living. We must be thankful people to make us realize how blessed we are. So if you read this take a step back from the screen and think of things you have in your life and how you are thankful for certain things. It helps me maybe it will you!

2 comments:

shanek said...

I like your optimism, and your suggestion to step back from the chaos and just observe what is really going on; especially when everything around us is so immediate and non-stop. I was thinking about America the other day and how simple life must've been back in the agricultural manifest destiny surge, before all the towers popped up and people still did business face-to-face. After spending 12 hours a day chained to this ball of a computer I cant help but want to chunk it out the window. But then again, my situation is not so different from the farmer working his land; im sure he is pretty worn out after 12 hrs chained to his tractor. The difference is the people, such a wider range of opportunities for some individuals, and more limited for others. The thing Im most grateful for in this digital age is not so much the video editing; although it is nice and really exciting at times. The homogenizing and democratizing effects these newest media bring society are something no video program can compare to; and we should try to get as much out of that as we can. Now, we have separated ourselves completely from nature and are reigning in the ultimate sedentary, but you win some you lose some; and we are certainly winning a lot more than we're losing.

S.Kodali said...

I felt a lot of empathy towards you post. I feel the same way about life as well as we are in a day in age where computers are just important in society as our own living organs. We are so dependent on computers that the world would literally crash without them. Even farmers today rely on computers for crop output. Without them, the world would become famished and hit the most developed countries like us the hardest. Our dependency on computers leaves our weakness open, however the upside of computers outweigh the downside tremendously.