25 March 2007

Comic Stripper

Most of the time for me learning is quite boring and I forget things very easily. I loved how McCloud did his work to help people see how these comics work. I really understood the messages he was trying to get across. Maybe its just me that learns better this way, I dont know. It just stuck into my mind much better than looking at some boring article. I felt like the learning comics he did where for people more to read and understand. Most other articles make me just want to drift to sleep. It was also very interesting to me how the time works in comics. Before reading his explanation of how the time works in just one single frame, I already had in my mind a knowing that each bubble was a different amount of time. One thing I began pondering was about the chinese who read from right to left. If I would have done that then the whole thing would have been very backword. I began chuckling at the was the different countries would do their comics very different from the US.

No comments: