28 March 2007

Bits and pieces

I really like the way all the technologies seem to connect to one another. Throughout the semester, we keep seeing the same things over and over in different readings. Here, they talk about early film and photographs. I also think its hilarious that they tried to use 35mm movie film for computers. None of the rest of the article was of particular interest to me, except the idea of the virtual environments where the user interacts with animated characters and the interface with the “human” computer. I think that it’s absolutely awesome that a computer exists that can guess our mood and react accordingly. I never considered the intelligence behind the computer player on games either. I mean, those have been around for awhile, right? It’s hard to believe we have had the technology to do something like that and not taken it any further. I know there were strong limitations to what the computer could (and can) do, but they still should have tried. I also never knew that the ads and banners and such on a website changed according to each viewer. I always thought they were random. Am I reading that wrong? Because it kind of freaks me out that I’m being tracked for my advertisement preferences. I must have read that wrong…I’m writing this late at night. Someone help me out. And anyway, if they are tracking my preferences, why do I keep getting male enhancement ads? Lol…

No comments: