26 February 2007

Personally

I thought it to be quite funny how many people thought that new technologies would ruin society and make people bumps on pickles. Of course, my persepective is from the year 2007 when I realize many things that the sociologists back in the day had no idea about. Even today new technology is scary. I dont want the government using RFID tags to track me or even know where I am. I believe these and many other technologies will become more prevalent in our society as it grows and becomes adaptable to these new things. It seems like many people in the article that were saying how cars would stop people from going to church and that sort of things, were very dumb. I mean if anything it makes it easier to get to church. The college kids wouldnt be studying because they would be driving around in cars is also very laughable. If college kids dont want to study and dont have a desire to learn more, then they really dont have to. I feel as if many people that were making these claims were pestimistic about technology in general and just really lame. Technology is were our world is going whether the southern baptists like it or not.

No comments: